Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Priest or Mystic for my Alt?

4 posters

Go down

Priest or Mystic for my Alt? Empty Priest or Mystic for my Alt?

Post by Wynifred Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:24 pm

So I'm wanting to have some type of healing class as an alternate character, but I'm kind of torn between priest and mystic. I guess my long term goal for the character will be to help out in dungeons and things like that once I know my way around the game a little better. I've played a healer in previous MMO's so I'm not completely new to the type of class. Does anyone have any opinions? Maybe pros and cons between the two? I'd really appreciate some input and advice =]
Wynifred
Wynifred
Heartsmith

IGN : Wynifrd
Class : Berserker
Stars : 414

Back to top Go down

Priest or Mystic for my Alt? Empty Re: Priest or Mystic for my Alt?

Post by Ser.Thanatos Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:34 pm

So the question becomes, how do you plan to level this character? do you have someone to level with you from the beginning? because if you don't It feels like it takes twice the amount of time with the priest. Do you like the sleep ability? the mystic can sleep 3 mobs while the priest can do 2. do you like the boosts? the priest has some better boosts that don't constantly drain your mp.

pros for priest:
heals up to 3 people at once with targeted heal
more healing moves
better boosts

cons for priest:
sucks at combat
limited ability to heal yourself

pros for mystic:
can heal yourself easily
can sleep 3 mobs instead of 2
summons that greatly help in combat
move to recover your mp

cons for mystic:
not as many healing moves
greater mp consumption
boosts take mp per second
one of your healing moves drops the orbs that people or you have to take the time to pick up
smaller resurrection circle
Ser.Thanatos
Ser.Thanatos
Kingpin of the Council

IGN : Ser.Thanatos
Class : Lancer
Stars : 743

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocteau Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:39 pm

Idk Priests can be pretty difficult to kill in PvP and hence great at combat. Personally I prefer Priests since I have a level 60 one on the Korean server but up to you Very Happy
Nocteau
Nocteau
Heartsmith

IGN : Thrasymachus
Class : Slayer
Stars : 409

http://irasciblesadness.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynifred Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:40 pm

Hmm... well I've actually had a priest as a main character in a different game and they were horrible for combat but at the same time I liked how they had the best heals and buffs for the party. So I can tough out leveling if it means better support for a party in the long run. I may go priest for the full healing capability. I still welcome other opinions =]
Wynifred
Wynifred
Heartsmith

Back to top Go down

Post by sakubo Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:42 pm

Right now, priest is the preferred healer endgame for a lot of parties. That doesn't mean that you won't find a party as a mystic though, so in the end, it is up to what you like to play. A mystic is a healer/offensive support while a priest is more defensive support and can put out the burst heal. Keep in mind that TERA is an action combat game, your role when you reach endgame is not only to heal, but also to support your party. With a priest, you have energy stars, triple nemesis, mana charge, mana on restorative burst and kaia's shield to rotate in on top of healing. As a mystic, you have your aura, the titanic wrath, and your various CCs to help support your party.
sakubo
sakubo
Heartsmith

IGN : G.U.Sakubo
Stars : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynifred Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:04 pm

I think I'll go with priest for now but I might end up trying both out in the future honestly lol
Wynifred
Wynifred
Heartsmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down