Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2b or not 2b, which is my apartment?

3 posters

Go down

2b or not 2b, which is my apartment? Empty 2b or not 2b, which is my apartment?

Post by Foulblade Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:08 am

So, I have a quandary, Berserker or Archer? I know, play the one you like, well, that would be all the classes and I would like to pick one, for now, to focus on. Hopefully one that brings the most to table, when considering these two classes. Currently I have a 35 archer and a 30 Berserker.
So you veterans out there, you elitist, which one would in the end, bring more to the table for dungeon runs, pvp engagements, overall guild contribution?
I want to say up front, I appreciate any feedback you can provide and reasoning as well.

Thank you

Foulblade
Heartsmith

IGN : Hyminai
Class : Archer
Stars : 24

Back to top Go down

2b or not 2b, which is my apartment? Empty Re: 2b or not 2b, which is my apartment?

Post by sakubo Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:23 pm

Hey, this is quite a dilemma you have indeed. The reason is this:

Berserkers are PvE Gods. They are, without a doubt, the highest hitting class PvE wise. They lack CC and iframe skills to compensate for their insane damage though, which makes them the hardest class to do small scale PvP with.

Archers on the other hand, do not contribute as much damage in dungeons. Compared to sorcerers, their damage is pretty lackluster. However, with their abundance of staggers, they are very deadly in duels and also larger PvP settings because of Rain of Arrows.

I guess the deciding factor is, do you want to PvE or PvP more? While both classes can do both, Berserkers in PvP are more reliant on good ping and gear than archers but put out the big numbers in PvE.
sakubo
sakubo
Heartsmith

IGN : G.U.Sakubo
Class : Berserker
Stars : 174

Back to top Go down

2b or not 2b, which is my apartment? Empty Re: 2b or not 2b, which is my apartment?

Post by Foulblade Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:13 pm

Thank you for the feedback. Would you say the Berserker then brings more to the table due to PvE contribution?

Foulblade
Heartsmith

Back to top Go down

Post by sakubo Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:05 pm

I would say in a raid situations especially in boss fights that is a DPS race, Berserker brings more to the table. In situations like BGs (Corsairs, Fraywind, Skyring) or Alliance PvP, Archers bring more to the table. If you are serious about PvP, I would lean towards Archers. If you just want to hit like a truck in PvE, I would recommend Berserker. Which one brings more to the guild, well...I guess that depends on whether the guild wants to focus on PvP or PvE, which I'm sure someone like Aezums would be able to answer better for you.

FYI endgame, there are really no classes that are excluded, more like quotas between melee and range DPS. If a party is looking for range DPS, a sorcerer is as likely to be accepted as an archer. What's more important is your gear, gear rolls, crystal setups, glyphs, and unfortunately, to a certain extent, ilevel.
sakubo
sakubo
Heartsmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Foulblade Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:18 pm

Whew, that is some good feedback. Thank you. Does cause me to ponder more. This being a PVE server, I should lean more to PVE, meaning Berserker.

Foulblade
Heartsmith

Back to top Go down

Post by sakubo Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:45 pm

Hey, the only difference between a PvE server and a PvP server is the outlaw system and the ability to PK someone in the open world. Other than that, everything else is the same. If you enjoy playing both classes, why not bring both to 60? Very Happy I have 6 level 60 characters myself because I enjoy playing the different classes.
sakubo
sakubo
Heartsmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Foulblade Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:50 pm

good point

Foulblade
Heartsmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Assassin Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:56 pm

what is pk?
Assassin
Assassin
Heartsmith

IGN : Assassin.j
Class : sorcerer
Stars : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by sakubo Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:18 am

player killing Very Happy
sakubo
sakubo
Heartsmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Foulblade Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:39 pm

I would like to thank everyone for their feedback. It was very helpful and enabled me to make my decision.

Foulblade
Heartsmith

Back to top Go down

Post by sakubo Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:57 pm

I'm glad I was able to be of help to you Very Happy Have fun!
sakubo
sakubo
Heartsmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum