Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sister guild?

+4
Aezums
Eunbii
DivineLust
Ruby.Roze
8 posters

Go down

Sister guild? Empty Sister guild?

Post by Ruby.Roze Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:05 pm

I have not checked myself, but I heard someone in guild chat say that there is not a lot of extra space in the guild for us to place our alt characters.  

Now I might have just missed the chat about the creation of a second sister guild, but it might help with guild cohesion and overall togetherness.  I don't really like being on my alts simply because I end up missing out on all the fun chatter/banter Smile  At least once I missed the guild event because I lost track of time leveling.

Thoughts on a sister "alt" guild?
Ruby.Roze
Ruby.Roze
Heartsmith

IGN : Ruby.Roze
Class : Reaper
Stars : 256

Back to top Go down

Sister guild? Empty Re: Sister guild?

Post by DivineLust Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:07 pm

Save a spot for me in the guild!!!
I haven't even joined yet  Sad
DivineLust
DivineLust
Heartsmith

IGN : DivineLust
Class : Priest
Stars : 114

Back to top Go down

Post by Eunbii Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:20 pm

Unfortunately I'm not sure how this would work. We wouldn't have anybody set to lead the guild and it would be hard to coordinate guild events and such for that as well. Also, Divine, we are often going between around 300 members (cap) and 298ish. So no worries, there will be room for you.~
Eunbii
Eunbii
Heartsmith

IGN : Eunbii
Class : Warrior
Stars : 335

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby.Roze Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:37 pm

Fair point, chat between sister guilds isn't easy. I know there is a way to make private chat channels to link the guilds, unfortunately I don't remember how to set it up. Since we are at max capacity, though, I feel like the sister guild would allow the guild to continue to grow. One of the faction leaders and/or council members could act as the sister GM.

One idea I just thought of (haven't decided if it's a good idea or not) is we could use the smaller sister guild as an initiation guild as well. Apprentices in the sister guild can look to Masters/Mistrals in the main guild to give them pointers and guidance. Maybe the head of the Mistral faction could act as the sister GM and help to keep track of new initiates.

(Reading through that last idea I don't know if I like it anymore, but I'll leave it there as food for thought)
Ruby.Roze
Ruby.Roze
Heartsmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Aezums Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:44 pm

If we were to ever create a sister guild, an alt character of mine would be the lead. Unfortunately, Ice Heart is so young that this kind of idea isn't really do-able right now. Once the factions are completely set up, the guild has more leaders, and more members are higher ranks, we can think about how to continue the expansion of Ice Heart.

As it is, 300 members with only a few leaders has made things quite a challenge. I wouldn't want to push it too much further. I would right now like to focus on getting to know all of our members that we have now before we start adding even more.

I really appreciate you coming up with the idea. There will be more talk of this lonnngggg in the future.

This topic will be moved to the ideas sections "Sparks of the Mind".
Aezums
Aezums
Origional Guild Master
Origional Guild Master

IGN : Aezums
Class : Archer
Stars : 429

https://iceheart.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenMasterJedi Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:47 am

Thoughts on a alt guild....Arebella and I have a alt guild I'm sure we can welcome most everyone alts to go. For info get ahold of Jedi or Arebella about joining it up for a safe place for your other selves to go.
RavenMasterJedi
RavenMasterJedi
Heartsmith

IGN : LightJediRaven
Class : All Cept erk and Mystic
Stars : 125

Back to top Go down

Post by Salem Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:17 pm

I don't think an ALT guild is a good idea!
Salem
Salem
Supreme Heart
Supreme Heart

IGN : Neuroheart
Class : Warrior
Stars : 158

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinxx Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:38 pm

I dont feel it being a terrible idea. It would save alot of space in guild for mains, being the total roster space caps at 300. Only real problem would the ability to communicate with main guild.
Sinxx
Sinxx
Heartsmith

IGN : Sinnx
Class : Lancer
Stars : 226

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenMasterJedi Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:45 pm

having a guild for alts isnt at all bad a channel can be created for our "guild" to talk. Its already created its all a matter of coordinating the transfer to the alliance and setting it up the lead spot can easily be given to a ice heart leader all thats really needed is the say so and the confedence to do so.
RavenMasterJedi
RavenMasterJedi
Heartsmith

IGN : LightJediRaven
Class : All Cept erk and Mystic
Stars : 125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby.Roze Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:21 pm

Like Aezums said before too, the "alt GM" would just be one of his alts. There wouldn't be a problem with confidence to lead, Aezums already has that down pat from what I've seen.

If we at least set up an "alt chat" channel it might help keep everyone connected, even while we level alts outside the main guild. If people want that I can set up the channel and pass the information along to the council/rest of the guild.
Ruby.Roze
Ruby.Roze
Heartsmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocteau Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:24 pm

If you can get the logistics of having an alt guild down then by all means go ahead! It would be a nice idea to remain connected with everybody whilst on their/our alts without flooding the main guild.

However, the logistics behind a sister guild would be much more complicated and I have talked to Aezums about it and we agreed that for now, it would be a bit too premature to be thinking or to be conceiving a sister guild. Maybe once we have a large group of leaders and a dedicated following/lots of members, we could.

But certainly pitch the idea of an alt guild!
Nocteau
Nocteau
Heartsmith

IGN : Thrasymachus
Class : Slayer
Stars : 409

http://irasciblesadness.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down