Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Victalan's Application

2 posters

Go down

Victalan's Application Empty Victalan's Application

Post by Victalan Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:04 pm

Character Name: Victalan
Level: 58
Alternate Character: Victalen (no guild. Level 12 Vending Alt)

Ingame, I typically spend my two hours of playtime levelling my character by completing every quest I see. However, if somebody has a question or needs help with something I am familiar with, I will take the time to respond to the best of my ability. Sometimes, I will sit in town and simply read the guild and area chats to keep up to date on what is going on. Occasionally, the chat moves so quickly that questions get ignored, so I will scroll back if I can. I consider myself a new player and know how it feels to ask what could be considered a stupid question just to be ignored or receive a smartass answer. Though I don't spend much time ingame, I am active on the forums and attempt to be helpful.

I hope to preserve the integrity and honour of Ice Heart. As a guild grows and changes, so too does its character. Both new players and veterans represent the guild to the server population. How do the people in the guild respond to difficult situations? What needs to be done to diffuse violent tempers? If a guild member or even a non-member is in trouble, what would be the best course of action? I will need to learn the personalities of the guild members in order to navigate such a minefield. This learning must continue as people change, come, and go. A guild strives to be a family, but this family is constantly in flux and consists of hundreds. My intention is to follow the Code of the Heartless Faction and to look to Neuroheart for guidance. No guideline could cover every eventuality, however, so I would need to exercise my own judgement as required. Some situations cannot wait for the input from a higher power. I would hope to act in a manner befitting the Heartless, in a way that would be acceptable to its Head. The actions of the Heartless reflect upon its leader, just as the actions of all guild members reflect upon the Guild Master in the greater community.

The guild members here seem to be mostly in their teens or twenties and I think I may be a little on the old side, a little out of touch. However, that extra life experience means that I have a cooler temper when it comes to online interactions. It can be hard to say things people will not like, but I can speak hard truths when it is required of me. It is also hard to hear things I will not like, but I would rather stop typing than reply without thought. Sometimes it is better to say nothing than it is to prove you're right about a trivial matter. The key is to identify the situations worth fighting for. I understand confidentiality thanks to my background in store systems administration and current training in legal administration. I have confronted management with bad news and have helped implement necessary unpopular store policies (though I try to make them somewhat more palatable). I have been given keys to the back rooms. I know the codes to the safes and I have prepared the money to go out to armed and armoured trucks. I believe I am trustworthy and I know how to keep secrets. I strive to maintain the peace, but I will not blindly defend people who have done wrong. Above all, I do my best to listen.

Thank you for considering my application.

Sincerely,

- Victalan
Victalan
Victalan
Heartsmith

IGN : Victalan
Class : Warrior
Stars : 328

Back to top Go down

Victalan's Application Empty Re: Victalan's Application

Post by Salem Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:26 am

Dear Victalan,
Thank you for applying to the Heartless Guild Faction!
We will be discussing several things and may ask to meet you
in game! I am not setting your application to "Pending"!
Thank you, and Get to know me in game!
Sincerely,
Neuro
Salem
Salem
Supreme Heart
Supreme Heart

IGN : Neuroheart
Class : Warrior
Stars : 158

Back to top Go down